Interested in being part of the fun this summer at the PJCC? Apply now!
FREE Gym and Pool Access all summer!
Oh and did we say it’s FUN?!
Take a look at the full list of open positions and job descriptions here.
Swim Instructor: $15.75- $18/hour
The Swim Instructor teaches group and/or private swim classes for our members.
- Teaches various levels and age groups in accordance with Active Wellness instructional guidelines.
- Plan lessons, select appropriate drills, and evaluate the student’s progress.
- Present proper demonstrations and explain skills, analyze and correct performance, minimize fear, and use appropriate teaching devices.
- Maintain a safe and positive teaching environment.
- Attend all in-service trainings.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare course completion certificates.
- Perform all swimming strokes and skills taught in all levels.
- Effectively communicate each student’s progress either to the student directly, or to the student’s parents where appropriate.
Lifeguard wages: $14 and up based on experience
Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of the swimming pool environment and must closely monitor and rescue swimmers.
- Project and promote a professional image
- Explain and enforce facility regulations, policies, and procedures to patrons
- Rescue swimmers in need of assistance
- Demonstrate proper rescue techniques, including but not limited to, swimming rescues, First Aid, and CPR
- Administer emergency care to patrons in need of assistance
- Monitor activities of patrons in the water and on deck and minimized the possibility of patron injury
- Conduct routine chemical test of the water on an hourly basis
- Keep accurate records of incident reports, maintenance, and chemical testing
- Perform routine maintenance of pool and pool equipment
- Keep all certification current
- Effectively supervise the swimming area from an elevated Lifeguard chair
- Attend all in-service trainings
- Keep physically fit in order to perform the job effectively