Get to Know the Nest!
Drop in for a morning of community, conversation and companionship at our twice-weekly Coffee Talks. Attend a workshop or recharge with some of our wellness offerings. Connect with the parent community and local parenting resources. The Nest welcomes families of all faiths and backgrounds. Children are welcome.
Programs and Workshops on Parenting Include:
- Limit setting
- Potty training
- Healthy sleep habits
Support, Health, and Wellness for Parents Includes:
- Yoga and Meditation
- Ritual and routine for maintaining your household with equanimity
Want to find out what’s happening at The Nest? Click on the “Upcoming Events” tab above!
Upcoming Events at the Nest
Select Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:00 – 11:00 am • The Nest at the PJCC Preschool
Join the conversation at The Nest at our twice-weekly Coffee Talks! We invite families with infants and toddlers and expecting parents to meet, chat, and connect over light bites and warm drinks.
Coffee Talk meets on the following dates:
- Monday, November 25 and Wednesday, November 27: The Nest is closed for Thanksgiving week.
- Monday, December 2: Bubbeleh Bounce: Connect with your parent community while babies and toddlers play in a fun and safe environment. (Note: This program takes place in the PJCC Gym; Free for Baby & Me participants, Center & Community Members, $11 Public)
- Wednesday, December 4: Handling Anger—Yours AND Theirs: Share practical approaches & strategies to support de-escalation and healthy communication with toddlers and young children with Family Educator Jeni Markowitz Clancy.
- Monday, December 9: Introduction to Baby Signs with Happy Baby Signs Director, Bill White: Learn beginning baby signs and hear about the important benefits of signing for your baby.
- Wednesday, December 11: Get a Life (Coach): Life coach & PJCC Nest Mom Meg Sorenson will share wisdom and inspiration from her work as a life coach for parents seeking tools to increase balance & self-care in their hectic family routine.
- Monday, December 16: Bubbeleh Bounce: Connect with your parent community while babies and toddlers play in a fun and safe environment. (Note: This program takes place in the PJCC Gym; Free for Baby & Me participants, Center & Community Members, $11 Public)
- Wednesday, December 18: Hanukkah Schmooze: Come visit the Nest for a family schmooze time with PJCC’s Jewish Resource Specialist Courtney Apotheker. Share Hanukkah treats & receive a very first menorah kit to decorate on the spot or to take home for your little one!
Please note: The Nest will be closed for Winter Break December 23–January 1.
In the meantime, please follow us on Facebook! Head to https://www.facebook.com/thenestpjcc.