Get to Know the Nest!
Drop in for a morning of community, conversation and companionship at our twice-weekly Coffee Talks. Attend a workshop or recharge with some of our wellness offerings. Connect with the parent community and local parenting resources. The Nest welcomes families of all faiths and backgrounds. Children are welcome.
Programs and Workshops on Parenting Include:
- Limit setting
- Potty training
- Healthy sleep habits
Support, Health, and Wellness for Parents Includes:
- Yoga and Meditation
- Ritual and routine for maintaining your household with equanimity
Upcoming Events at the Nest
Select Mondays, 9:00 – 10:30 am; select Wednesdays, 9:00 – 11:00 am • The Nest at the PJCC Preschool
Join the conversation at The Nest at our twice-weekly Coffee Talks! We invite families with infants and toddlers and expecting parents to meet, chat, and connect over light bites and warm drinks.
Coffee Talk meets on the following dates:
- Wednesday, July 3: Coffee Talk: Community Parenting Chat
- Monday, July 8: Coffee Talk: Community Parenting Chat
- Wednesday, July 10: Are They Ready? Preschool & Classroom Readiness with Avril Landes
- Monday, July 15: Mama-on-the-Move: Sneaking Stretch & Fitness into your Action-Packed Day with Vicki McGrath
- Wednesday, July 17: Let’s Play! “Loose Parts” Play at Home with Avril Landes
- Monday, July 22: Coffee Talk: Community Parenting Chat
- Wednesday, July 24: Mindful Joyful Parenting with Carol Booth & Jewish Baby Network
- Monday, July 29: Coffee Talk: Community Parenting Chat
- Monday, August 5: Kibbitz & Stroll: Enjoy a waterside stroller walk with Jeni Clancy (departs from The Nest at 9:30)
- Wednesday, August 7: Coffee Talk: Community Parenting Chat
- Monday, August 12: That Makes Me So Mad! Helping Children Manage Strong Emotions with Stephanie Agnew
- Wednesday, August 14: Positive Discipline & B’tzelem Elohim: Parenting your Unique Child with Jeni Clancy
- Monday, August 19: Mama-on-the-Move: Sneaking Stretch & Fitness into your Action-Packed Day with Vicki McGrath
- Wednesday, August 21: Coffee Talk: Community Parenting Chat
- Monday, August 26: Mama-on-the-Move: Sneaking Stretch & Fitness into your Action-Packed Day with Michele Mandell
- Wednesday, August 28: Coffee Talk: Community Parenting Chat
Select Tuesdays (see below for dates) · 9:00 – 10:30 am · PJCC Gymnasium · Free for Center Members & Those Registered for Summer 2019 Nest Programs/$11 Community Members & Public
Play and explore at the PJCC fitness center! Parents can connect in a space that’s created especially for your little movers!
August 6 & 20
September 3 & 17
Shabbat Picnic Dinner with Jewish Baby Network
Friday, August 2 · 5:00 – 7:00 pm · Small Turf Field · Free
Pack a picnic dinner and gather with your friends from The Nest & Jewish Baby Network for a sweet Shabbat suppertime!
In the meantime, please follow us on Facebook! Head to https://www.facebook.com/thenestpjcc.