Get to Know the Nest!
Drop in for a morning of community, conversation and companionship at our twice-weekly Coffee Talks. Attend a workshop or recharge with some of our wellness offerings. Connect with the parent community and local parenting resources. The Nest welcomes families of all faiths and backgrounds. Children are welcome.
Programs and Workshops on Parenting Include:
- Limit setting
- Potty training
- Healthy sleep habits
Support, Health, and Wellness for Parents Includes:
- Yoga and Meditation
- Ritual and routine for maintaining your household with equanimity
Want to find out what’s happening at The Nest? Click on the “Upcoming Events” tab above!
Upcoming Events at the Nest
Select Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:00 – 11:00 am • The Nest at the PJCC Preschool
Join the conversation at The Nest at our twice-weekly Coffee Talks! We invite families with infants and toddlers and expecting parents to meet, chat, and connect over light bites and warm drinks.
Coffee Talk meets on the following dates:
- Monday, February 24: Bubbeleh Bounce: Connect with your parent community while babies and toddlers play in a fun and safe environment. Free for Baby & Me participants, Center & Community Members, $11 Public (Meets in the PJCC Board Room.)
- Wednesday, February 26: Bye Bye Baby: Discuss tips, ideas, tricks & strategies for family travel with Nest Mom Marni Berger
- Monday, March 2: Bubbeleh Bounce: Connect with your parent community while babies and toddlers play in a fun and safe environment. Free for Baby & Me participants, Center & Community Members, $11 Public (Meets in the PJCC Board Room.)
- Wednesday, March 4: Bye Bye Diapers: Say ‘bye-bye’ to diapers and ‘hello’ to feeling confident in leading toilet training for toddlers. Parent Educator Jeni Markowitz Clancy will share strategies, tips, and support for you and your toddler in this transition.
- Monday, March 9: Purim Party!: Come share hamentaschen (Purim cookies), make a Purim crown, share the story of the holiday with a puppet friend, or just come along to schmooze with other Nest parents.
- Wednesday, March 11: Managing Strong Emotions: Explore stages of emotional development, coping skills, and learn how to support a child’s emerging ability to self-regulate with Parents Place Director Stephanie Agnew.
- Monday, March 16: Intro to Baby Signs: Learn beginning baby signs and hear about the important benefits of signing for your baby with Bill White, Director of Happy Baby Signs.
- Wednesday, March 18: Parent Procrastination Project: Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? Life Coach Meg Sorenson will share insights, strategies and expert advice all about procrastination busting for parents!
- Monday, March 23: Bubbeleh Bounce: Connect with your parent community while babies and toddlers play in a fun and safe environment. Free for Baby & Me participants, Center & Community Members, $11 Public (Meets in the PJCC Board Room.)
- Wednesday, March 25: Ouch! Now What?: Parent Educator Jeni Markowitz Clancy leads a conversation about how to navigate pushing and biting, and offers strategies for responding to and avoiding aggressive behavior for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Monday, March 30: Crafters Unite!: Are you a knitter, felter, collage expert, or secret seamstress? Come prepared to share your best ideas for beginners, best resources for materials and inspirations for putting it all together!
Lunch and Learn: Shabbat Yoga
Friday, February 28 • 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Family yoga with a Shabbat twist! Enhance your practices for living in balance and wellness, both on and off the mat with Tracy Green. Light bagel lunch included. Registration required.
PJCC & JBN Family Fun Time
Sunday, March 22 ∙ 10:30 am–12:00 pm ∙ Free
Bring your babies and toddlers (newborn–36 months) to our next Family Fun Time! Join other Jewish Baby Network families, the PJCC’s own Jeni Clancy & JBN Director Carol Booth for PJ Library Story Time, music and family fun with plenty of time for schmoozing! Every family will receive a complimentary day pass to the PJCC to keep the family fun going even longer.
Tuesday, March 31 • 7:00 – 8:00 pm • $20 Center Members/$25 Public
Learn about postnatal pelvic floor recovery with Julie Bottarini, pelvic floor physiotherapist. This lecture will be helpful for all post-partum women and to anybody who is interested in how the pelvic floor works to assist your body in everyday functions and how a dysfunctional pelvic floor can affect your life in many ways, from sex to urinary incontinence. Registration required.
In the meantime, please follow us on Facebook! Head to https://www.facebook.com/thenestpjcc.