Wondering how to maximize the effectiveness of your strength-training workout session? Dolly Eckinger, one of our newest Certified Personal Trainers, shares her recommendation for a seven-step structure that will get you on your way.
Want guidance tailored to your specific needs? Schedule a session with Dolly or one of our other trainers! Contact PJCC Fitness Manager Vicki McGrath to get started.
1. Light aerobic warm-up
2. Mobility and flexibility work to prepare for main lifting exercise
3. Warm-up sets (lighter load of planned main lifting exercise)
4. Compound exercise that uses multiple muscle groups (i.e., barbell squat, deadlift, bench press (or variation with dumbbells)
5. Isolation exercises (targeted muscle group, i.e., shoulders or hamstrings)
6. Optional cardio
7. Warm-down with stretching and mobility exercises