With summer upon us, please review these friendly etiquette tips and reminders to ensure everyone experiences a wonderful time at the PJCC. And bear in mind that–all humor aside–your safety and well-being are our top priorities. Thank you for helping us make the PJCC a terrific place for all to enjoy.
Keep Locker Rooms…
- Tidy. Thank you for disposing of used towels in one of two hampers conveniently located in each locker room. This is a time to think of the Golden Rule and “do unto others”.
- Hygienic. When going “au naturel” (naked), please use a towel for sitting.
- Safe. Do not bring strollers into the locker room. Strollers can cause crowding and, due to tight quarters, injuries. Park strollers outside, next to the Family Locker Room.
- Clean. Do not bring or eat food in the locker rooms.
- Available. Accessible showers are intended for those with disabilities and appropriate needs. Please keep these showers available for use as needed.
- TMI (Too Much Information) Alert. Please use discretion when tending to personal hygiene needs.
Keep Pools Pristine
- Preserve water quality by waiting 30 minutes after applying sunscreen before entering the pool.
- Please shower and rinse thoroughly (including hair) before entering the pool.
- Swim caps are highly recommended.
- Children ages 3 and under, or children not fully potty-trained, must wear nylon swim diapers (sold at the Welcome Center and most stores). These diapers are reusable and washable. We do not permit disposal swim diapers because they often leak.
- Remember to provide our littlest guests with frequent bathroom breaks to avoid “accidents” in the pool.
For Your Safety
- In the Sauna please do not block the door with towels, which could hinder emergency access.
- In the Steam Room, please do not bring outside products. Also, kindly dispose of towels and water cups upon departure.
- Hair dryers are hot and meant for the head only.
Children at the Center
- All Center Members (ages 2+) must check in at the Front Desk with a valid membership card.
- Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times when using all PJCC facilities, and must be escorted to and from supervised programs.
- Children should wear “water shoes” when in the pool for extended periods. Shoes protect tender soles from the friction of the pool floor.
- Only “U.S. Coast Guard approved” flotation devices are allowed. Water wings are not permitted.
- Remember, Center Members 13 years+ enjoy full access to the gym, Fitness Center, and playground.
- Speaking of kids: It’s time for Camp Keff, which means you’ll see enthusiastic campers around the Center. Campers will be enjoying our pools, especially between 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
But Wait, There’s More!
- Bring your membership card when checking in at the Center’s Front Desk. This measure is for your safety and security, and also ensures a quick check in.
- Enjoy complimentary SPF 30 sunscreen at stations located near the outside entrance to the outdoor pool.
- Remember not to park in the Foster Square parking lot. This lot is reserved for Foster Square residents and patrons, and they will ticket and tow offenders.
Water Conservation Efforts
Help conserve water by limiting the length of your showers and towel usage, in addition to following other water-saving tips available at saveourwater.com. Thank you for helping protect our most precious resource.
Thank you for following these simple guidelines. We look forward to welcoming you at the PJCC!
Share Your Summer Fun! Tag Your PJCC Photos: #PJCCSummer