With summer upon us, please review these friendly etiquette tips and reminders to ensure everyone experiences a wonderful time at the PJCC. And bear in mind that your safety and well-being are our top priorities. Thank you for helping us make the PJCC a terrific place for all to enjoy.
Arriving at the PJCC
- All Center Members must scan in using their Membership Card to enter the PJCC. For your convenience, you may scan in by using a picture of your Membership Card saved onto your phone. If you have lost or misplaced your card, please visit the Welcome Center for a one-time replacement, offered free of charge.
- We welcome guests! Center Members may bring up to four guests per visit, per membership household. A pass is required for each guest. Guest passes may be purchased at the time of entry. A guest pass, a completed guest agreement (which includes a waiver of liability), and a photo (taken on first visit) are required for access to the pools and surrounding areas, the playground, and Byer Athletic Center (BAC). For further details, please review our Guest Policies.
- Please do not park in the Foster Square parking lot. This lot is reserved for Foster Square residents and patrons, and they will ticket and tow offenders.
Locker Room Etiquette
- Accessible showers are intended for those with disabilities and appropriate needs. Please keep these showers available for use as needed.
- Please place used towels in the hampers conveniently located in each locker room.
- While dressing, please use a towel when sitting on the benches. In addition, we suggest discretion when attending to personal hygiene needs.
- Do not bring or eat food in the locker rooms.
- Do not bring strollers into the locker room. Strollers can cause crowding and, due to tight quarters, injuries. Park strollers outside, next to the Family Locker Room.
Keep Pools Pristine
- Preserve water quality by waiting 30 minutes after applying sunscreen before entering the pool.
- Please shower and rinse thoroughly (including hair) before entering the pool.
- Swim caps are highly recommended.
- Children ages 3 and under, or children not fully potty-trained, must wear nylon swim diapers (sold at the Welcome Center and most stores). These diapers are reusable and washable. We do not permit disposable swim diapers because they often leak.
- Remember to provide our littlest guests with frequent bathroom breaks to avoid “accidents” in the pool.
For Your Safety
- In the Sauna please do not block the door with towels, which could hinder emergency access.
- In the Steam Room, please do not bring outside products. Also, kindly dispose of towels and water cups upon departure.
- Please refrain from using hair dryers to dry anything besides the hair on your head.
Children at the Center
- All Center Members (ages 2+) must check in at the Front Desk with a valid membership card.
- Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times when using all PJCC facilities, and must be escorted to and from supervised programs.
- Children should wear “water shoes” when in the pool for extended periods. Shoes protect tender soles from the friction of the pool floor.
- Only “U.S. Coast Guard approved” flotation devices are allowed. Water wings are not permitted.
- Remember, Center Members 13 years+ enjoy full access to the gym, Fitness Center, and playground.
- Camp Keff attendees will be making use of the pools this summer, Monday through Friday, primarily between 12:30 – 3:00 pm. You may wish to schedule your visit accordingly.
Water Conservation Efforts
Help conserve water by limiting the length of your showers and towel usage, in addition to following other water-saving tips available at saveourwater.com. Thank you for helping protect our most precious resource.
Thank you for following these simple guidelines. We look forward to welcoming you at the PJCC!
Share Your Summer Fun! Tag Your PJCC Photos: #PJCCSummer